Every Wednesday I share five things I’ve liked and think you might like too. Here are this week’s five things…
- An interactive timeline of popular songs from 1958-2016. Pretty cool!
- I love ambient music (Brian Eno, A Winged Victory For The Sullen, Stars Of The Lid) and what do you get when you slow down Windows start-up sounds 4000%? Something that sounds remarkably like ambient music!
- It’s so easy to be critical or mean.. I’m sure Wendy MacNaughton’s list will come in handy!
- A great post by Chris Dixon on the future of technology. Start now — “There has never been a better day in the whole history of the world to invent something. There has never been a better time with more opportunities, more openings, lower barriers, higher benefit/ risk ratios, better returns, greater upside than now. Right now, this minute. This is the moment that folks in the future will look back at and say, ‘Oh, to have been alive and well back then!’”
- A deeply moving episode of Radiolab. Well worth listening to and reflecting on — “When people are dying and you can only save some, how do you choose? Maybe you save the youngest. Or the sickest. Maybe you even just put all the names in a hat and pick at random. Would your answer change if a sick person was standing right in front of you?”